Monday, May 4, 2015

Mel's April Favourites

Mel's April Favourites

Hi everyone! Before I say anything I want to give a huge thank you to whoever is reading this. Today our blog hit 10,000 views and even though a lot of those are probably my mom (heheh) we're so happy and grateful that people are checking out what we have to say.

Anywaaaay, before I become too sentimental let's get on to my April favourites! This has been an absolutely insane month for me. I graduated university, moved out of my house with my best friends and moved to a different province to live with my boyfriend for the next 4 months. Needless to say, it's been a hectic and emotional month but there have been a few products that have stood out to me that I thought I'd share!

Mel's April Favourites


Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose: This has been a holy grail lip balm for me this month and I'm so upset because I just realized I forgot to pack it with me! It smells like pink lemonade, and when I apply it before bed I wake up with the softest lips. I wouldn't recommend it for daytime use because sometimes it goes on white and it's really shiny, but for a night balm it's the beeeeeest.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation: I wrote a full post on how amazing this foundation is here, so I won't go too much in depth, but it's been my favourite face product lately. It has medium coverage so it won't fully cover any blemishes but it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look really radiant. I would really recommend it for normal to dry skin types!

NYX Powder Blush in Taupe

NYX Powder Blush in Taupe: Even though this is a blush I've been using it to contour and it's AMAZING. It looks so natural but gives really noticeable definition to my face. It's replaced my love for the Clinique Chubby Contour Stick which I talked about here, so I'll probably do an updated contouring routine soon! If you have fair skin and find most contouring products look too warm or muddy, you need this in your life.

Mac Soar Lip Liner and Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick

Mac Soar Lip Liner and Mac Velvet Teddy Lipstick: I don't think I need to say why these products are so amazing because chances are you've heard endless rants about them from other bloggers or you're in love with the two yourself. Either way, Soar is the most beautiful colour and the formula is really creamy for a lip liner. Velvet Teddy is a matte lipstick that isn't too drying and wears pretty brown on its own, but paired with Soar it's a gorgeous dark nude that looks really good with my fair skin. To see swatches of the two, check out here and here.

So those are my favourites this month! What products have you discovered in April?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I really want to try that lip butter, it sounds lovely!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to for the smell alone! It's amazing

      Delete
  2. I've wanted mac velvet teddy for a long time, i went last week and I ended up with lady danger because wen i tried velvet tedy on i feel it very much alike to one I already have, but i don't know I still want to get it!!!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like lady danger?! That one's on my wishlist!

      Delete
  3. Velvet Teddy looks so gorgeous, I ended up trying Promise Me and it is very similiar but with greater pink undertones. Great post lovely.
    Love, Amy | Blonde Amy Blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! I might have to try that one next :)

      Delete
  4. love velvet teddy, it's one of my favourite MAC lipsticks, it's stunning!

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on graduating and moving in with your boyfriend! I'm dying to try velvet teddy!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to try the taupe blush but haven't been able to find it any where.

    -The MakeupMama

    http://TheMakeupMama.com

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig